Obtaining a Sport Pilot License in Honolulu is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to enjoy your favorite way to fly whether a Glider, Airplane, Hot Air Balloon, Powered Parachute and more. The average time it takes to get your license will depend on the type of aircraft and can last anywhere from 10 to 20 hours. A Honolulu Sport Pilot License enables new aviation enthusiasts to learn to fly (and gain access to aircraft) in half the time and for half the cost of previous alternative licenses.
- Airplane (Single-Engine only)
- Lighter-than-Air (Airship or Hot Air Balloon)
- Rotorcraft (Gyroplane only)
- Powered Parachute
- Weight-Shift Control Aircraft (Ultrlight Trikes, etc.)
- Be at least 16 to become a student sport pilot (14 for gliders)
- Be at least 17 to test for a sport pilot certificate (16 for gliders)
- Hold a current and valid U.S. driver's license as evidence of medical eligibility
- Pass an FAA sport pilot knowledge test
- Pass a FAA sport pilot practical (flight) test
Hawaii Sport Pilots can fly a light sport aircraft during the day below 10,000 feet and can only carry one passenger. However because Sport Licenses are used for recreational purposes, many pilots do not find these restrictions overly constraining.
Honolulu Flying Lessons will match you with a FAA Certified Sport Pilot Flight Instructor that will assist you in qualifying for and obtaining your license. Call us today and start earning your wings!
Sport Pilot Privileges
Bookmark & Share